Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages...



I have never been to a circus... and as a child I don't think I ever had the want to go. By now as a mid twenty year old I really want to go! I don't know why but I had always though of circuses as kind of creepy and  weird. I picture short fat ring master with messed up teeth and a squeaky laugh. I would really like to know where I got this idea from.

I've been reading Water For Elephants (amazing! go read it) and it really has gotten me in the circus mood. I want to see elephants, sequins, horses, and eat pink popcorn. But the thing is, I want to go see a circus from the 1930's with all the glitz and glam. How much fun would that be? But I'll take a modern day circus (not cirque du soleil). It's definitely being added to my list of things to do before I die.
Barnum and Bailey, Circus Dream Giclee Print

Are there even circuses around here? Who knows. I'll see one eventually though.

No comments:

Post a Comment